Saturday 27 July 2013

Less May Be More

This is how far I got with my in-lining of the plume shapes



Initially I was going to also outline the plume shapes on the outside as I had done with the feather wreath. However, after I started it and looked at it, I just felt that this was too much...somehow it distracted rather than enhanced the look, so I did not continue with it.

Looking at it now, I think it definitely needs a filler, but given how slow the in-lining is progressing,  this is still a while off. I don't want to rush this along, but take my time and hopefully get it right and enjoy the process.

Linking up to FMQ Friday at the Freemotion Quilting Project.


Karin

3 comments:

  1. It is important to enjoy the process, otherwise why do it. I think it's very nice, but you definitely need to keep going on the feather "stems".

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one beautiful project. I am very impressed.

    ReplyDelete

Hi...thanks for stopping by and commenting. Very much appreciated! I will endeavour to answer all comments via email. Please check that you are not a no-reply blogger as there is no way of responding to you (other than by reply on the blog). If you need help with this issue, please head for Tutorials for a link on how to fix this issue.

Popular Posts