Monday 31 March 2014

A Finish - Finally!

Finished my Windmills quilt...binding and all.


How hard is it to photograph quilts?...just when I pressed the button, the wind gently moved the quilt and in a minute it was down on the ground. I love the colours of this and am happy with how it turned out. Very bright and cheerful.

Below is the quilting. Overall the Jester Hats design gives it a very textured feel...maybe a bit more than I expected. However I am happy with that as I am learning to just go with it (and put it down to experience). Perfectionism, while not completely out of the window, is making room for just learning and enjoying the process. This is a good thing.


For readers interested in the pattern, this little quilt will make it into my pattern shop at Craftsy in the next few weeks.

For now, linking up to Anything Goes Linky Party at Stitch by Stitch

Karin

5 comments:

  1. WOW!!! I love this Karin, it looks fabulous with the binding and borders. So good. The quilting really lifts it. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, I love it too! The colors are just yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these colors! The borders are amazing! The quilting fits it perfectly! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. SOOOO adorable! What a wonderful quilt, so sunny and bright!
    Esther
    esthersipatchandquilt at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your windmills - the pattern and the fabrics! So glad you are enjoying the process too.

    ReplyDelete

Hi...thanks for stopping by and commenting. Very much appreciated! I will endeavour to answer all comments via email. Please check that you are not a no-reply blogger as there is no way of responding to you (other than by reply on the blog). If you need help with this issue, please head for Tutorials for a link on how to fix this issue.

Popular Posts