Saturday 26 January 2013

FMQ-McTavishing



Finally...

I have been piecing since Christmas (non-stop) and have 2 items ready for basting...while I was doing that, I nearly stopped half way through to continue to FMQ. Had to be really firm with myself to keep on task. Have another project that needs finishing before I can devote my time to FMQ again. Don't you love those self imposed targets!

Really, two sewing machines would be great, then you could hop in between. Mind you, I would still have the same problem in that I would be drawn to FMQ rather than the piecing. Bit of a dilemma at times.

Anyway, had to have a play and tried McTavishing after watching Leah's video. Not that easy actually in terms of working out where to go next. Love the texture though and am thinking about where I could incorporate this design im my projects.

Back to piecing...

Linking up to Freemotion Quilting Friday on the Freemotion Quilting Project.


Karin

4 comments:

  1. Love this! I want to try this soon. Looks hard but yours came out great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I need a bit more practice on this one.

      Delete
  2. Your McTavishing looks awesome! I know I'm more drawn to FMQ but I sometimes need break to get piecing done :-).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks...need a bit more practice, but getting there. Piecing is taking centre stage for me at the moment, otherwise there is nothing for me to FMQ on.

    ReplyDelete

Hi...thanks for stopping by and commenting. Very much appreciated! I will endeavour to answer all comments via email. Please check that you are not a no-reply blogger as there is no way of responding to you (other than by reply on the blog). If you need help with this issue, please head for Tutorials for a link on how to fix this issue.

Popular Posts