This quilt is finally finished, except for the binding which I am currently attaching. Also a bit of a saga as I tried to do the binding a little bit differently this time (trying to be super neat...well that backfired big time. Had to take the whole binding off and re-straighten my quilt. Lesson learnt: stick with what you know/let go of that damned perfectionism!)
Here are some close ups of the quilting
|Use of taupe thread over several colours - worked brilliantly!|
|Centre design - a bit more loft would have been good|
|Surrounding swirl design|
|Border designs and In-lining of the second border|
|The back looks great|
Overall, I am really happy with this and proud of my little achievement here but also a bit disappointed...unfortunately, the batting (bamboo) I used created bearding like there was no tomorrow and this was a real distraction while quilting but also impacts on the overall quality of the quilt obviously. Definitely will not be using that batting again.
I think I might be doing a Whole Cloth quilt next....just feathers ...that would keep me happy.
Linking up to Leah Day's FMQ Friday.