Thursday 18 June 2015

Long Saga- WIP: A Field Guide

Finally recovered from my cold with the help of some Antibiotics resulting in a Flu shot thanks to a very conscientious doctor...now I am back onto the longest WIP: A Field Study.

As you may have seen, I undid all of my stitching and started again. I stabilised the whole quilt by stitching in the ditch in every seam (painful plus!). That took a while but I have made it through it and the quilt is lying straight and flat and I feel back on track.

Funny, I have now started to FMQ part of the blocks with simple lines...this was my first idea before I got too impatient and wanted to finish it quickly with an allover design.


Would have been good if I had thought about pressing the seams on those beige crosses away from themselves as I now have a nice line running through it. Well, live and learn...overall though I like it. It makes the surrounding squares puff up nicely which actually in itself could be a feature. I will wait and see to determine what exactly I will do with those squares. Maybe some swirls in there? Not sure.

Apart from this I have been drawing up my design for the next pillow challenge over at the Quiltshopgal...given that I was out of action for a while I am not sure whether I will be able to finish the pillow by the end of the month though. We shall see...if all goes well, I will have a pillow out of Dupioni Silk to show. Bit excited about that although am still not sure how to do the marking on the silk. We shall see...

Also need to get a move on writing up my pattern for the Stretched Star quilt and start on my next baby quilt and...and...and...the list goes on!

Until next time

Karin

1 comment:

  1. This is definitely a vast improvement over the original over-all design. I love how the background quilting makes the squares pop. It makes me think of stepping stones.

    ReplyDelete

Hi...thanks for stopping by and commenting. Very much appreciated! I will endeavour to answer all comments via email. Please check that you are not a no-reply blogger as there is no way of responding to you (other than by reply on the blog). If you need help with this issue, please head for Tutorials for a link on how to fix this issue.

Popular Posts