Even the wadding is bitses. Used the tape to put two pieces together and presto...done! This quilt has a lovely feel to it, as I used wool wadding which made it just the right amount of puffiness.
The quilting was done with an Aurifil 50/2 variegated pale yellow thread. Unfortunately you cannot see the colour differentiation, but I think it looks nice and just lifts the whole thing up a bit as every square is slightly different. For the quilting I went with straight lines just using the edge of my sewing foot as a guide...approx. 3/8" away from the seam. Did not go for the 1/4" echo as this would have highlighted the shadow from some of the darker fabric underneath.
I have a recipient in mind, however do not know yet whether they are having a boy or a girl, so just need to wait for a moment.
Now back to what I was actually working on...need to finish off some FMQ on another quilt.