Saturday 12 October 2019

2019 Finish-A-Long Proposed Goal List for Q4

The Fourth Quarter of the 2019 Finish-A-Long is starting. Can't believe how quick this year is going.

You can find the information about the Finish-A- Long on  Leanne's blog She Can Quilt. There you will find more detail on how this link up works and also find the list of bloggers who are hosting this great event.

My goal list for the fourth quarter:

1. Another Fancy Fox Quilt
I am going through a bit of an Elizabeth Hartman phase at the moment. Also got Hazel hedgehog on my radar, but first I do want to make a slightly bigger fox quilt
I will use the same fabric for the foxes, Dryad fabric range by Shannon Brinkley for Paintbrush Studio. Love the fabric and I think it particularly suits the pattern.

2. Wholecloth Quilt
Maybe, if I put this on this list again, it will do itself. Seriously, this is the fourth time this design is on the list. I seem to have some sort of block going on here, however really would like to finish this to have a momentum of the class I attended with Cindy Needham.
All it needs is a clean up of the design and then it is ready to go.

3. Another Baby quilt
This is already in production...the quilt top is finished by now and I am ready to pinbaste this together. Had a bit of a hold up as I needed to purchase a suitable backing, but basically this is ready to quilt. The quilt is for a work colleague and needs to be completed within the next month or so. Not sure yet on how to quilt this, i.e. whether to just meander over it or do something a bit more fancy.

4. Fox Table Runner
Decided to use up the leftover foxes and make a table runner out of it...just too cute to chuck away. They were my original trial blocks where I experimented with the ironing of the seams and also tested my accuracy. A little bit out here and there, but overall respectable enough. Used absolutely all of the grey and woodgrain fabric up, down to the last scrap (photo only shows three, have made four by now). Will use this for some ruler practice.


5. Hexagon Project
Did not get very far with that, but made a start after having had to order a new glue pen in. Goal would be to make more. Doubt very much that I finish a hexagon quilt in this time frame. This is a bit of an on-going project
I do remember where I got this fabric from but lost the label...I believe the fabric is from a Moda fabric range.
6. Practice Panel
Got this panel at the last quilt show and thought it would be a good piece to use for practice, i.e. outline the major elements with some decorative stitches and then freemotionquilt various designs in the background. 

7. Challenge Quilt
This is a monthly challenge project from our local Handiquilter group that theoretically should be completed by the end of the year. So far, I have kept up with it. Blocks all done and now for something in the zigzags. Will find out next week. This could get very intense

Linking up to Studio Sew of Course

Karin

3 comments:

  1. Love your whole cloth quilt! I've had projects on my list for awhile too, so don't let that discourage you! Good luck this quarter :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best of luck on meeting your goals for the quarter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many great projects. Good luck on your wholecloth quilt. It's going to be fabulous! And the foxes are so cute. :-) Thank you for participating in the FAL, on behalf of the 2019 global FAL hosts.

    ReplyDelete

Hi...thanks for stopping by and commenting. Very much appreciated! I will endeavour to answer all comments via email. Please check that you are not a no-reply blogger as there is no way of responding to you (other than by reply on the blog). If you need help with this issue, please head for Tutorials for a link on how to fix this issue.

Popular Posts