Thursday 3 August 2023

To Do Tuesday #31 (on a Thursday)

My list from last week was as follos:
- make a start on a new sock pattern
- make a start on the second scrap quilt just sewing the blocks together
- continue on the table runner, i.e. filling in the background...there will be a bit of a grid, a rainbow pebble filler and a more boxy filler, then some pebbling and lines around the feather structure
- start on the handout for the workshop (wishful thinking??)

Not a bad effort!

I made a start on the other scrap quilt that I had ready to go and managed to put all the blocks together
Layout got slightly messed up but I am leaving that. Also discovered that a few blocks are turned upside down when looking at the photo now. Will maybe fix this when I sew this together. Quite like this layout. Nice array of colours.

I said that I would start a new sock...well, instead I knitted another beanie hat and have since started another one (with wool that was purchased years ago). I really seem to be into using up what I got at the moment. Even pieced together a wadding the other day!

My beanie is cute. Really enjoy the knitting in the evenings.

After this I tackled putting some backings together for the scrap quilts. We have got this nice nook in the kitchen/dining area that is just great for auditioning large fabric pieces. As the whole floor is tiled you can just slide pieces all over the place as if you were working on a huge puzzle.
In terms of putting a backing together, I do not fuss over that too much...
...I just lay out my pieces, move them around, sometimes cut them in half to vary the arrangement a bit and sew them together. The only measurements I do take is that of the length and width that I need to cover.

Made this one first which is a bit smaller. I will use this for the quilt above. Needed a bigger backing for the other scrap quilt that I made and selected some very old pieces I had sitting around.


Checking here where the seams will sit and hopefully cut my backing to a size where I avoid putting the seams exactly where the seams of the blocks on the front are.

Nice big size. As mentioned above, then I pieced some wadding together for this larger piece, so I am basically ready to baste that together.

Also worked on my table runner. Actually re-did my whole feather arrangement as I just did not like it and it annoyed me looking at it. Re- stitched the feather spray just following the gentle divisions which looks a lot better and have started to fill the remaining area. Should be finished by the end of the week.
Well, that has been my week. Quite happy with my efforts.

For the remainder of the week I will
- finish the FMQ on my table runner
- sew the second scrap quilt together
- if time allows, maybe get one of the scrap quilts basted
- make a start on my table runner workshop handout - not sure yet how much work this will involve, hopefully I can at least look at it and work out what I need to do, i.e structure, diagrams etc.

Linking up to To Do Tuesday #31 over at Quilt Schmilt

Karin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi...thanks for stopping by and commenting. Very much appreciated! I will endeavour to answer all comments via email. Please check that you are not a no-reply blogger as there is no way of responding to you (other than by reply on the blog). If you need help with this issue, please head for Tutorials for a link on how to fix this issue.

Popular Posts