Monday 16 October 2023

Charity quilts

Finished the last two of my charity quilts before delivering them to the Orange Tree Quilters Group. These have been hanging around for a while so I used a production line set up...basting in one hit and using the same thread to finish them off.

First one
Cute little baby quilt...can't go wrong with clamshells. If you are interested in the process of quilting this with the Multi Clamshell ruler on a sitdown longarm machine, I have spoken about it a number of times on this blog and in a little bit more detail HERE.
Came out near perfect again as you can see at the top, my clamshells remained straight and nicely in line at the edges. Does that mean they are all perfectly the same...definitely not, there was a bit of fudging going on here and there which is not visible in the overall look of the design. That's why I like this as a quick allover  design. Quilted this with a yellow Rasant thread (TEX25 which is close to 40wt) on a wool batting which made it nice and puffy. 

Straight onto the next one which was a very bright and cheerful 'Crazy Quilt'
Just did an overall larger scale meander over it which was supposed to have some loops in there but somehow I settled on the meander while I was stitching this. This was the right decision for this quilt as it allowed me to gather some fullness in individual blocks and distribute that out to the sides a bit. Also seemed to have gotten rid of some crooked sashing sections which is handy. Attached a bright orange binding to the quilt yesterday...almost too much for the eyes, but the whole quilt looks just great and will no doubt cheer somebody up.

With that done, I just bought some more wadding to immerse myself back into some of my own project (of which there are many).

Karin

1 comment:

  1. Those clamshells are gorgeous! I haven't had success with that design. . .there is too much slippage. . .but, I'm determined to get better at it! --TerryK@OnGoingProjects

    ReplyDelete

Hi...thanks for stopping by and commenting. Very much appreciated! I will endeavour to answer all comments via email. Please check that you are not a no-reply blogger as there is no way of responding to you (other than by reply on the blog). If you need help with this issue, please head for Tutorials for a link on how to fix this issue.

Popular Posts