In order to finish another charity quilt before delivering the last lot to the Orange Tree Quilters, I had to come up with a simple allover design that I could execute with some speed. The quilt was lovely...just strips sewn together like a jelly roll quilt with some diamonds in between. At first I was just going to meander all over it but then I decided to try something different. Saw Susan from StitchedbySusan do this loopy design which I have come to know as the 'Loose Thread' design and decided to give that a go.
Not too difficult and goes quite quickly. Noticed that me going row by row was a bit too even so I started to go slightly diagonal over the areas...somehow that was much easier and made for better interlocking of the design. Consistency-wise I must say that I had no issues...whenever there was a slightly bigger unquilted space I just went in and did a few ordinary loops to fill that in, no problem at all! My roundness of the bubbles left a lot to be desired, however, as this had to be finished I did not worry too much about it...almost round was good enough.
Turned out lovely
With the spotty fabric in there it was just the right design and the texture was great. I quilted it with a soft pink Rasant thread which complemented the pastel colours in this quilt and looked very nice over the darker fabrics. A fun quilt for a little person!
Next is a floral log cabin quilt where I am currently trying to work out how to best quilt that. It sort of screams 'feathers' but that would be quite a lot of work if I do individual feather sprays in each of the blocks. Hmm...could be good practice though as I am running a workshop on feathers in November and doing a bit more of an involved tasks will assist in getting my head back into the feather game.
We'll see...decisions, decisions!!
Karin


No comments:
Post a Comment
Hi...thanks for stopping by and commenting. Very much appreciated! I will endeavour to answer all comments via email. Please check that you are not a no-reply blogger as there is no way of responding to you (other than by reply on the blog). If you need help with this issue, please head for Tutorials for a link on how to fix this issue.