Wednesday 4 March 2015

WIP: Stretched Star Quilt

I have been missing in action pretty much...am sick as a dog (cold, blocked nose etc)! Flula would like this saying, I reckon. If you don't know who Flula is have a look  at one of his YouTube videos. Be warned, he swears a bit and some people may find this offensive. He is a young German in the US and his accent kills me...very funny.

Anyway this is what I had been working on...my Stretched Star quilt
In the end I decided (and regretted it immediately) to stitch-in-the-ditch along all the seams. What a hassle. Have completed all the horizontal and vertical lines and was up to the diagonal...about half of the quilt to go. I am using 100% Legacy Wool batting which is nice and soft and fluffy. I ordered some stencils from the US, so once they arrive I will just put some motif in the white patches and it will be finished.

That's all from me today... until next time, hopefully with a finished quilt

Karin

5 comments:

  1. Hope your cold is getting better, I am on day 3 of mine, yuck! Oh Flula! LOVE him! My husband is German, we find Flula to be quite the funny one, his singing & mixing on the fly is awesome. Your quilt is very pretty, I have always liked the happy slanted stars pattern. Take care, Ann in USA.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Get well soon! It's the same with me.
    Greetings, Rike

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry about the cold I know how lowering it can be. I always find it refreshing when bloggers share their quilting ups and downs rather than everything being perfect and awesome. So much more like my quilting life, lots of doubts and questioning how I should do something especially the quilting design. So if you had your time again how would you do it. Just miss out the quilting in the ditch? Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh boy I so know what you are going through-we have had this cold crud at our house for over a month and we are so tired of it. I feel like I have a long way to go to be done with it. Your shooting stars are so sweet!!

    ReplyDelete

Hi...thanks for stopping by and commenting. Very much appreciated! I will endeavour to answer all comments via email. Please check that you are not a no-reply blogger as there is no way of responding to you (other than by reply on the blog). If you need help with this issue, please head for Tutorials for a link on how to fix this issue.

Popular Posts