Wednesday 10 April 2019

2019 Finish-A-Long Proposed List Q2

Cannot believe it...I missed the link up for the first quarter! I thought I was so organised...even made a tab at the top so I would find my posts quickly to link up. For some reason, I had the 10th April in my head and when I looked today I realised that that was the date for the proposed list for the second quarter. What a bugger...and I was so productive in the first quarter! I finished 4 projects of my list in the first quarter...if you are interested to see them go to the tab on the top of the page to view them.

Definitely need to make a note on the calendar for the next link up date! 
You can find the information about the Finish-A- Long on  Leanne's blog She Can Quilt. There you will find more detail on how this link up works and also find the list of bloggers who are hosting this great event.

My goal list for the second quarter will be small. I am in a bit of a lull at the moment, contemplating what to do next.

1. Another Baby Quilt
Currently quilting this with an overall clamshell design. This is unexpectedly quick, only got a few more rows left.

2. Wholecloth Quilt
This is leftover from the first quarter. I did do some work on the design, but stopped half way through to finish another Wholecloth UFO which was not on the list. Still in the designing stages
Got everything ready...the fabric, ordered some more binding fabric etc....however not 100% happy with my design, so will have to keep going on re-drawing it until I am happy with it. Over the years I have learned the hard way not to rush Wholecloth quilts...just too much work that goes into it, so you have to be absolutely happy with your design.

3. Scrappy Spiderweb quilt
Also a leftover from the first quarter. Made absolutely no progress on this.

4. Funky Bird Quilt
This is a project I would like to do...did a bit of a test block to see how work intensive this would be. Found that I was a bit rusty with my applique (put the bird the wrong way around), but thought overall that this would be fun.
However, I also got one of Elizabeth Hartmann's patterns recently (The Fox) and am a bit torn as to which one to make. Decisions, decisions!

5. The Camden Bowl
Having way too much fun over here... saw a video the other day which explained how to put this together, so I did a trial piece 
Definitely need to do one of those bowls...maybe I can then graduate towards a jelly roll rug. Would love to do that, but maybe not in this quarter 😃

Linking up to the Proposed Finishes List over at She Can Quilt for the first quarter.

Karin

1 comment:

  1. Oh no, sorry you missed out on the 1st quarter! But your 2nd quarter looks to have some fun projects lined up! I am fascinated by your wholecloth drawing and planning! Thanks so much for joining the FAL, on behalf of all the hosts, and myself :) Happy sewing!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Hi...thanks for stopping by and commenting. Very much appreciated! I will endeavour to answer all comments via email. Please check that you are not a no-reply blogger as there is no way of responding to you (other than by reply on the blog). If you need help with this issue, please head for Tutorials for a link on how to fix this issue.

Popular Posts