Sunday 11 August 2019

Fancy Fox Quilt: Test Block Done

I have got nothing to quilt 🙀 so I started on the Fancy Fox Quilt. It is on my list for the 2019 Finish A-Long, but in between I might have to construct something else so I can do some FMQ. Always have that tension between the actual piecing and the FMQ. Piecing takes me a while and takes away from the time that I can spent FMQ, but eventually I run out of quilts to actually quilt on. Might clean up my design for the next whole cloth, then maybe I can alternate between the two because I get a bit restless if I have nothing to FMQ.

I love Elizabeth Hartman's Fancy Fox pattern...in fact I love all her patterns. You can find them at Elizabeth Hartman Design. A friend of mine just did the Llamas and the Flamingos, but that looked a bit too involved for me. I finally got the Fancy Fox pattern with a gift voucher from the Fat Quarter Shop that I got for Xmas.

Yesterday I made a start. I am using my all time favourite fabric, the Dryad range by Shannon Brinkley for Paintbrush Studios.
It is absolutely gorgeous fabric and almost falls into the ...'too good to cut up' category, however I thought the other day ...'how ridiculous'!...what am I keeping it for?

So, I made a start...you need only one strip of a Fat Quarter for one fox, so my Fat Quarter bundle will last me a very long while. I am starting with a baby quilt size to see how it goes, but already am thinking that I may make another one straight after.

My first fox...so cute!
This was very easy to piece together once I got my head around cutting all those pieces out. For the background I am using a grey organic cotton, so I am closely following the colour arrangement of the pattern. Love the look of it! I will need 20 foxes for the baby quilt, so this should come together relatively quickly.

Onto the next fox...

Karin

1 comment:

  1. What a cute fox! Wow to be all caught up on your quilting, I can only dream about that, LOL

    ReplyDelete

Hi...thanks for stopping by and commenting. Very much appreciated! I will endeavour to answer all comments via email. Please check that you are not a no-reply blogger as there is no way of responding to you (other than by reply on the blog). If you need help with this issue, please head for Tutorials for a link on how to fix this issue.

Popular Posts