Tuesday 14 April 2020

Let's Do Some Ruler Work #7

Just when I thought that I had to wait several months for the new machine, she arrived...the Handiquilter Capri machine!

Now, this was very exciting and I have not done a lot, other than playing and more playing. Had several rulers that were new to the collection and also a new foot for the machine that I had not yet tried. The machine has got stitch regulation, something I have never really tried before and yes, it is very different. Initially, this was completely weird and very unfamiliar, however after the first day, I did get a bit of a sense on how this works. Yesterday then, I continued on the table runner...had several squares to complete and fill, doing them sometimes with and sometimes without stitch regulation. Basically, gave the machine a bit of a workout to see what she can do.
Now sometimes that worked really well and other times it got a bit sloppy, however was really happy to be doing the ribbon candy again on this machine. Somehow I am more used to be doing it on the bigger machine.

Then came the border...by now it was evening...was ready to give the stitch regulator a 'real' try using a very basic design (used Cindy Needham's Border stencils for this to pre-mark the border), just lines up and down, forming a nice diamond pattern.
This was very easy to do, using a small straight ruler, and the stitch regulator worked extremely well. I hardly had any build up in the points (which I usually get) and the stitches were consistent right to the point.
Was extremely impressed with this, even more so, as I had been lazy again and used a light thread in the bobbin...hardly any pokies! Echoed once more around this design to finish it off...I think this is it for this orphan piece, maybe one day I could fill the area around the diamonds, but not now...I have got several quilt tops that need doing.

What have you been working on?



You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter

Karin

1 comment:

  1. Hi Karin, I really like your runner and the ruler work that you did around the border. I don't do much ruler work, but the next time that I do, I'll be sure to link up to your party! Take care.

    ReplyDelete

Hi...thanks for stopping by and commenting. Very much appreciated! I will endeavour to answer all comments via email. Please check that you are not a no-reply blogger as there is no way of responding to you (other than by reply on the blog). If you need help with this issue, please head for Tutorials for a link on how to fix this issue.

Popular Posts