Tuesday 7 April 2020

Let's Do Some Ruler Work Linky Party #6

Well, here we are again...I have decided to run the linky every week as it is easier to remember both for participants as well as myself!


Last week we had Terry from On Going Projects participate with some very intense quilting on her Tea Room Quilt.

This really inspired me! I don't know about you, but I have been slightly overwhelmed with what's going on in the world at the moment and surfing the internet has also become somewhat stressful. There is so much going on in the cyber space at the moment...QALs, videos, more posts to look at and explore...I have had problems disengaging and started to spent an enormous amount of time just flicking around the pages or watching videos, becoming completely unproductive.
On top of that I am in whinge mode about not having my Handiquilter machine etc, etc...

So, Terri's post was just so good. I thought...stop the whinging and time wasting and get going back again on your DSM! It's been a while...I learned to ruler quilt on the Sweet 16, so this was going to be interesting. I had made a table runner out of orphan blocks from a Disappearing Four Patch quilt I made some years ago...perfect project to practice some ruler quilting on.
So, out came the curves of which I have got many
HQ 2-1/4 Slice and Arc Ruler
Lisa Calle's ProEcho Rulers
HQ Curved Crosshatch Ruler
Of all those, I prefer the Pro Echo Rulers. For some reason they work better for me than any of the other arc rulers. While I do use the others, I more often than not turn back to the Pro Echo rulers. Something about the lines on them seems to make it easier for me to align, however this might just be me.

I decided to start with some echoed arcs in the coloured prints, but then also did arcs in the white squares...just needed to have that symmetry. I used the Pro Echo 6 and the little Pro Echo 3 (which is also great for travelling in the ditch on the straight edge).
I filled the center part with Ribbon Candy with my Ruler foot on which was a bit more challenging, but I could not be stuffed changing the foot over every single time, so that is going to have some hiccups in there, but I am going for the texture in that section, so it will not matter too much. Also filled the white arced section with some swirls just for a bit of variety.
All a bit busy, but that is what I felt like and it will keep me busy for a while.

What about you...what are you working on?

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter


Karin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi...thanks for stopping by and commenting. Very much appreciated! I will endeavour to answer all comments via email. Please check that you are not a no-reply blogger as there is no way of responding to you (other than by reply on the blog). If you need help with this issue, please head for Tutorials for a link on how to fix this issue.

Popular Posts