Tuesday 8 September 2020

To Do Tuesday#57


First time participating in the To-do-Tuesday Linky Party over at Home Sewn By Us. Have been wanting to do this for a few weeks but keep missing Tuesdays all the time. Seems to come along too quickly.

For the week 7th September to 14 September I would like to work on:

1. Natalia Bonner’s 9 Patchalong. 
She is releasing two videos per week and I need to be on the ball to keep up. This week I stitched 2 of the blocks, but have heaps more to go...need to finish the filling of the sashings and the borders as I go along. This is good fun and I am learning heaps, particularly as I am stitching along on my new HQ Capri with the stitch regulator.

Block 2

2. Make another few cat blocks
Started spontaneously on another project...the 'Kitten' quilt from Elizabeth Hartman. Got super excited as I am making a brownish type quilt with fabrics that I have had in my stash for a while, always looking for that right project. The project is all cut out, its just a matter of getting going on the piecing.
This quilt will feature our two cats, Abby and Pixie (Abby featured above) 
So, for this week I would like to at least get a Pixie block done

3. Work on a new pattern
Have designed a new pattern for my pattern shop. This has been sitting on my computer for at least the last 6 months. Need to actually do it! Maybe this week I could finalise the design on EQ8 and select the fabric (let’s keep it real, there is no way I am actually going to make a start on piecing this).

4. Prepare fabric for piecing Natalia's Bonner's Star Sampler for the Let's Stitch a Year of Stars which is starting in January 2021

I think this is enough for just one week. Hopefully this will give me a structure to work to and get me a bit more structured throughout the week.

Linking up with Home Sewn By Us for the To Do Tuesday Linky #57

Karin

4 comments:

  1. Welcome, I a newbie here too! It’s good accountability! Your kitten quilt is going to be fun! I have that one on my bucket list! A Year of Stars! That could be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Karin! Oh yes, I want to participate in Natalia's quilt-along as well. I've been trying to remember to watch her videos at a minimum as we used to make a lot of 9-patch quilts. Abby looks like she approves of the fabrics you've chosen for the quilt and specifically her! Thank you so much for linking up this week! I hope you find it helpful, doing a to-do list. It does help to keep me focused - sometimes - until the squirrels come knocking. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are doing wonderful with Natalia's quilt along. I am following along by seeing what she is doing;) no time to actually do it right now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your 9-Patchalong 2nd block looks great, Karin! Good to know that Natalia Bonner's "virtual learning" options are a good value -- you must be getting a lot out of them if you've decided to go ahead and piece those stars for next year's Star Sampler QAL. There are so many options out there right now with all of the teachers prevented from live teaching -- Natalia Bonner's QAL, Angela Walters is doing something similar on her Quilting Therapy site as well (and she's a HandiQuilter dealer now, so there are probably machine-specific tips sprinkled throughout that would especially interest you).

    I am really interested in that Year of Stars QAL and feel like I'd have enough time to piece the stars before the challenge launched in January, but the challenge for me is that I can't have a year-long QAL project hijacking the long arm frame for an entire year. I'd have to finally figure out how to install those zipper leaders that I bought so I could take the challenge quilt on and off the frame each month and be able to quilt other things in between.

    I hope you'll link up with Long Arm Learning today, too! Good luck with your goals this week. That kitten block is adorable. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Hi...thanks for stopping by and commenting. Very much appreciated! I will endeavour to answer all comments via email. Please check that you are not a no-reply blogger as there is no way of responding to you (other than by reply on the blog). If you need help with this issue, please head for Tutorials for a link on how to fix this issue.

Popular Posts