Sunday 20 June 2021

Cassowary is Finished

Wow...I worked for most of last week on this to get him done and today I finished him.
I am just a little bit proud of this...nothing about this project came easy to me. Each section had its own challenging little things and some of them I did get right and some of them I did not.

In general, I think I thread painted a bit heavily in parts and some of the shading is a bit wonky, but I am more than happy with it. Actually cannot believe I managed to do this.

And here he is...the finished Cassowary done in an online workshop with Sophie Standing...must say I now know this bird intimately...looked at every little hair, every shading, the way the funny red tubular things run...

Can't tell you how impressed I am with my handiwork. Learned a lot about thread painting and how important tiny detail is (and how easy it is to get things wrong). 

Close up

Now it's back to quilting for me!

Karin

8 comments:

  1. I am very very impressed, he is spectacular!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning. . .jaw dropping amazing. . .WOW!!! Sending you a pat on the back for a beautiful finish. I love your thread painting and it looks perfect to me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning. I truly believe this is absolutely stunning. I hope you enter it in an upcoming quilt show as I do believe it deserves to be shared to as many people possible to inspire others, as well as allow them to enjoy the beauty. Great, great job. I love it. And, I hope you will do more threadplay projects.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just beautiful! I've always wanted to take a class in thread painting but it looks so hard. You did great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Superb outcome. I'm happy for you. I've been following you for quite a few years without commentingbecause, to do so so, is daunting for me on many levels. But, seeing you venture successfully so far out of your comfort zone demands a similar from me in order to acknowledge your major accomplishment. Thank you Karin, for all your wonderful blogs over the years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Penelope for your lovely comment. Commenting can be confusing, but you made it on here. I am responding here, rather than by email because you are listed as a ‘no reply blogger’. This is a common issue that you can fix by googling it. I have a link under my tutorials as well. If you change that I could have replied to you via email. Anyway, thanks again

      Delete
  6. OH MY WORD -- Karin!!!! This is spectacular!!! I am in awe that you were able to create this with fabric and thread!

    ReplyDelete

Hi...thanks for stopping by and commenting. Very much appreciated! I will endeavour to answer all comments via email. Please check that you are not a no-reply blogger as there is no way of responding to you (other than by reply on the blog). If you need help with this issue, please head for Tutorials for a link on how to fix this issue.

Popular Posts