Wednesday 27 December 2023

Best of 2023 Linky Party

It's the Best of 2023 Linky Party hosted by Meadow Mist Designs...seems to come around quicker and quicker every year.

I decided to focus in on my favourite finishes for the year. Really hard to choose only just a few!

1. Most favourite charity quilt that I quilted all year


I do some quilting for one of the local charity groups 'The Orange Tree Quilters'. While all the quilt tops are pretty nice, once in a while I do come across that 'special' quilt. Not sure what it was about this quilt but I absolutely fell in love with it. There was something so special about it...really weird. Loved the colouring and the simple arrangement of the blocks and went ahead and did a floral edge-to-edge design over it (not something I usually do for the charity quilts, but I felt that this quilt needed something a bit special). The photo really does not do it justice...it looked fantastic and I reluctantly gave it back to the group to gift to someone special.

2. Another Charity quilt
Also one of my favourites but for a different reason
Loved the kaleidoscope design and nearly went off and started a new project...however, restrained myself and concentrated on the quilting. Did an overall medium swirly design on it which turned out just right for this quilt.

3. In March my new Baptist Fan Ruler Set from Michael Quilts arrived...easy to use, fantastic fun and lots of the charity quilts got an allover fan design following this. Highly recommended!


4. My Organic Table Runner
Did this design for a class that I ran later in the year. Good fun and relatively easy to do once you break it all down into smaller more manageable parts. The participants of the workshop managed this well and were able to mostly finish it by the end of the class.


5. My Scrap Quilts

Half way through the year I got side tracked by the alarming accumulation of scrap fabrics and set out to tackle this. I made two scrap quilts out of strips in alternating arrangements.
These were supposed to be quick throw together projects...took me quite a while to finish this of as they got bigger and bigger as I went along. However I  was really pleased with my efforts as I only used scraps to complete the quilt tops and fabric from my stash to construct the backings. Even pieced together some wadding for one of them, so absolutely no money spent on these quilts.


6. My absolute, 100% favourite for the year...fresh off the press

I love Elizabeth Hartmann patterns and I had started this quilt some years ago, made a few blocks and then obviously moved on to something different. With the help of another linky ' To Do Tuesday' I was able to find the necessary discipline to continue this quilt and actually finish it off. It turned out super cute and was a lot of fun to complete and to quilt.

Linking up to Meadow Mist Designs for the Best of 2023 Linky Party

Karin

4 comments:

  1. Karin, I can see why these are your favorites!!! I love your scrap quilt solutions, your kitties and all your quilting!!! Best wishes for 2024!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. each one stands out with beauty of their own but those little cat faces are just adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your scrap quilts! Thank you for sharing on this Linky Party!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful quilting on all of the quilts! Thanks for linking up with the Best of 2023!

    ReplyDelete

Hi...thanks for stopping by and commenting. Very much appreciated! I will endeavour to answer all comments via email. Please check that you are not a no-reply blogger as there is no way of responding to you (other than by reply on the blog). If you need help with this issue, please head for Tutorials for a link on how to fix this issue.

Popular Posts