Tuesday 13 February 2024

To do Tuesday#61

My list from last week was a bit ambitious:

- start marking my wholecloth quilt again; the new fabric is washed and ready to go so there really is not any excuse not to go ahead.
- work on writing the pattern for the little baby quilt above; in terms of time line, that should take no more than 2 weeks
- baste one more charity quilt
- look at that online workshop and see where I can build this in...

I did work consistently on writing up my new pattern and it went quite quickly however it does take me a few days to proof-read everything several times and to take good photos for my listing on Etsy.

Well, here it is...the Zig-Zag Baby Quilt...a striking little project.
I wrote the pattern for two sizes
- 30-1/2in x 36-1/2in and
- 36-1/2in x 42-1/2in

This pattern is partially foundation pieced, however it is not difficult to do if you have a basic knowledge of foundation piecing. I used the Freezer Paper Foundation Piecing method which was completely new to me. You can find detailed tutorials about this method at Bryan House Quilts. Great method, I cannot believe that I have not come across this earlier. The units came together in no time at all, the Freezer Paper method is just fantastic and so quick to do. I think I had more difficulties with squaring up my blocks which is not unusual for me. Then I remembered that I had the Bloc Loc Ruler set (you have to laugh - I cannot even remember the things that I have accumulated over the years). Equipped with that my blocks came out nice and straight. I quilted this little quilt with an overall edge-to-edge design called 'Ginger Snap' from Apricot Moon Designs available through Urban Elementz. Looks great and was fun to do.

Of my list, I did purchase another online class...the 'Sweet Tooth' class from Bethanne Nemesh at White Arbor Quilting. I love Bethanne's classes and this one was flagged with a discount in the newsletter that I subscribe to. It is a quick 3 hour class and while I probably can work out how to stitch hearts like that I do really enjoy Bethanne's teaching style and figured that there is always something new that I pick up when doing her classes. I will not quilt this straight away so for now it is sitting in my Teachable-Bethanne Nemesh set up, ready for when I have the time to quilt this little beauty.

Apart from this nothing else got done. We are currently exploring kitchen renovations which seems to be a whole world of its own with hundreds of choices one has to make. We are at the quotation stage and it should be interesting to see the differences in costs between companies.

For the remainder of the week I am planning to
- baste and quilt another little charity quilt
-start the marking of my wholecloth quilt.

Linking up to To Do Tuesday #60 over at Quilt Schmilt. 
By the way, still having problems with commenting on some sites and not on others. When I go around looking at individual blog posts and comment, some of my comments get through, but others are rejected. For the life of me, I cannot work out what the problem is...I suspect that it is not on my side but who knows. So, please be assured I am not ignoring your blog posts. Chances are that I have tried to comment but cannot for some reason.

Karin

5 comments:

  1. You have made a darling quilt design. Nice to see something unique and bright.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the same problem with commenting on some blogs. I see comments left by others, but mine seem to disappear into la-la land. Like, you, I don't think it is on my end.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a really cool quilt. Awesome that you can write patterns.....and sell them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow, you are so right: that IS striking! And so cheery hanging there on the wall!

    ReplyDelete

Hi...thanks for stopping by and commenting. Very much appreciated! I will endeavour to answer all comments via email. Please check that you are not a no-reply blogger as there is no way of responding to you (other than by reply on the blog). If you need help with this issue, please head for Tutorials for a link on how to fix this issue.

Popular Posts