Wednesday 25 September 2024

Finished My Scrappy Cat Quilt

This was so much fun to do. I think those projects that just happen because you feel like it in the moment are often the best. 

I used solid fabrics and leftover tone-on-tone prints for this quilt. Did not have to look for long for fabric to use as I seem to have an abundance of scraps from previous projects. As I often use solids and tone-on-tone prints I had plenty to choose from. Even managed to piece together the binding from binding strips that were left from other projects (yes, do save them as well!).

The completed quilt measures 47in x 57-1/2in
This is the cutest quilt. so bright and cheerful...love it! I quilted it with an allover edge-to-edge design called Ginger Paw (by Melonie Caldwell and Apricot Moon Designs available through Urban Elementz) in a light yellow Aurifil 40/3 thread
Love those little paws! Bit harder to do on the sitdown machine as it varies between long sweeping movements and then all of a sudden you are at those little paws and have to slow down again (and concentrate!). As I have done this design before on my other cat quilt I was prepared for that and did manage quite well. Needless to say none of the paws are totally identical as you zoom around but I managed to stay straight and in line with the pattern, so was very happy with how this turned out.

I have written up the pattern and put as a new listing in my Etsy shop for people who are interested. It is truly the ultimate scrap buster and a great beginners quilting project. Easy to do and comes together quite quickly. I used 30 different fabrics to complete this quilt but it can be done really with whatever you have got on hand and can be as scrappy as you like. 

Funny how after all these years scrap quilts are still my favourite quilts to construct.

Karin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi...thanks for stopping by and commenting. Very much appreciated! I will endeavour to answer all comments via email. Please check that you are not a no-reply blogger as there is no way of responding to you (other than by reply on the blog). If you need help with this issue, please head for Tutorials for a link on how to fix this issue.

Popular Posts