Tuesday 3 September 2024

Scrap Quilting

Quick check in!

I was going to work on a string type scrap quilt when inexplicably I started something completely different. Also a scrap quilt but with a cat theme using the many solid and blended fabrics that are leftovers from other projects. I use my Accuquilt cutter a fair bit so I even had ready made triangles just waiting to be used. Too good

Now this was not on my list of tasks to do but got me piecing for the last two weeks. Ran out of white background fabric and also had no batting so had to head to the shop to replenish my supplies. Always a hassle with white background fabric. Even if you find it again, like I did, the chances of the shade being exactly the same is slim, so my bottom sashings are slightly whiter than the rest of the background.

The cat quilt is super simple and I will write up the pattern for my Etsy shop after my upcoming holiday as I think this to be an ideal scrap buster for the emerging quilter. More later...

Karin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi...thanks for stopping by and commenting. Very much appreciated! I will endeavour to answer all comments via email. Please check that you are not a no-reply blogger as there is no way of responding to you (other than by reply on the blog). If you need help with this issue, please head for Tutorials for a link on how to fix this issue.

Popular Posts