Mine turned out a bit different obviously as I re-drew the design to fit my quilt adjusting the curve as well as the size and shape of the individual plumes. I find it easier to do my own plume shapes than follow a given design as everyone has their own way of drawing (and stitching) feathers. By drawing them myself (and doing about 10 different versions of them) I arrived at a design that had the plume shapes that I am used to and I noticed that when I was stitching them that I followed the same way of stitching them every single time as this was also the way I had drawn them. This made the job a lot easier. The only other challenge was the size of the plumes...some of them were a bit larger than what I usually do and needed some added concentration to not veer off every now and than which is very noticeable on the dark solid fabric.
I will now embellish the feathers with some hyperquilting to make the frame a bit more visible. This should be good fun.
Wondering and would welcome some feedback on whether to stipple the puffy bit in the middle and on the sides down to make the feathers pop out. Had not really considered this before but looking at it now, I think it might need it. Will do the hyperquilting first and then re-look at that.
Linking up to FMQ Friday at the Freemotion Quilting Project with Leah Day