This is a carefully planned scrappy type of quilt, made with some country fabric that I had in my stash. Block construction was alright, however due to the middle sections being ironed open I have had some hassles getting things to line up properly at times. The intersecting seams tended to slip just slightly over now and again which in this pattern becomes very noticeable. So, lots of pinning which slowed me right down.
I have finished 42 blocks now and this morning was looking forward to putting it all together. I love this part when it all comes together. For some reason I did not think about that the same seams would have to be met at the top/bottom and sides. So, assembly has been slow going with several seams having to be re-done...very frustrating.
First 2 rows...
Next few rows I did in about half an hour...go figure!
3 more rows to go...this is indeed a sneaky little block. While quite easy and straightforward to construct, accuracy really is a must with this. Very deceptive.
Finally, I made it on a Tuesday to link up to Freemotion by the River