Friday, 17 October 2014

Batik

Went to my first Guild meeting in September and they had a talk on about Batik fabrics. I have never worked with Batiks so found this really interesting.

As it so happened my friend and colleague went off for a holiday in Bali and checked out some fabrics. I will not tell you how much fabric she came back with ...she can report this on her blog. Needless to say we are talking meters...

She gave me a heap of strips from the pre-cuts that she bought over there:

How pretty is this?

Not sure what I am going to do with this...currently I am thinking maybe a bag...

Anyway, I think I have to go to Bali

Linking up to Fort Worth Fabric Studio for Fabric Frenzy Friday

Karin

4 comments:

  1. Batiks are my alltime favorites! They can be like drugs because of the pretty colors. Be careful! ;)
    Greetings from Germany, Rike

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are some gorgeous Batiks! I haven't worked with them in a long time, but always enjoy seeing them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such beautiful batiks! You'll love working with them!

    ReplyDelete

Hi...thanks for stopping by and commenting. Very much appreciated! I will endeavour to answer all comments via email. Please check that you are not a no-reply blogger as there is no way of responding to you (other than by reply on the blog). If you need help with this issue, please head for Tutorials for a link on how to fix this issue.