Wednesday 15 June 2016

2016 FAL Second Quarter - First Finish!



2016 FAL

You can find my goal list for this quarter HERE

Bit of an ambitious list this quarter and very little chance of completing all of those projects. However, I am thrilled that I am making progress. The list definitely helps as I nearly got side tracked again into starting something new when new fabric arrived through the post!
 
And here we have my first finish!
Wholecloth Grid Sampler
Insane Wholecloth measuring 35in x 35in.
Entirely freemotionq-quilted using Aurifil 50/2 (#2000) thread
Little fun fact: I used an entire spool of thread, so that makes it 1300m of thread in this project! (actually probably more as I used a slightly different colour in the bobbin)

I am very proud of this little beauty and I must say that I enjoyed every little stitch of this, as insane as it looks. The quilt design stems from Cindy Needham's Craftsy class 'Machine Quilting Wholecloth Quilts' using the center stencil design provided in that class. I varied it a bit and used the project as a practice piece for various grids. Needless to say, stitching out the grids took forever!

I will be blogging more on the this project in the next few days as I am using this to participate in Quiltshopgal's Ultimate FMQ Challenge - Summer 2016 when the link is up. If you own Cindy Needham's Ultimate Stencil collection, consider participating in this fun event. Have a look - kicks off today with a Linky Party, then a Sketch/Doodle Linky Party on the 15 July and a Virtual Quilt Show on 15 August. As always, a great way to promote FMQ...can't wait to see some FMQ goodness!

Linking up to she can quilt for the FAL Q2 Linky Party

Karin

3 comments:

  1. Of course you are proud. Amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have every right to be proud, it is just stunning. Love that it mixes traditional(feathers) with modern(different fun background fillers).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is amazing!!!! Congratulations on the finish and thank you for participating in the 2016FAL, on behalf of all the hosts!

    ReplyDelete

Hi...thanks for stopping by and commenting. Very much appreciated! I will endeavour to answer all comments via email. Please check that you are not a no-reply blogger as there is no way of responding to you (other than by reply on the blog). If you need help with this issue, please head for Tutorials for a link on how to fix this issue.

Popular Posts