Saturday 3 November 2018

Ebooks

New additions to my library



Doodle Quilting by Cheryl Malkowski


With my ever expanding book collection I started to limit myself to ebooks...easy to store and also a bit cheaper.
Usually I wait for a sale as I did for this one which I grabbed from C&T Publishing for 50% off the ebook price.






Also bought another Doodle Quilting Design book by Karen M. Burns and Amelia Johanson

Had seen this book before and liked the designs but did not want to purchase the physical book, so hunted around the internet for an ebook. Found this one at Martingale.

I like these sorts of reference books for fresh ideas and trialling new designs. Both books consist of mainly illustrations with simple 'how to' stitch arrows. Lots and lots to look at...

Of course I had to play a bit...stitched out the Dandelion design and a bit of a leaf design from the book above

..and also tried a cute little sashing design called Flame which got a bit corrupted with the swirl...it is supposed to have the gentle feather shape.

I keep my ebooks on the Ipad, so that I can have them next to the machine for reference when trying out the designs. This is just so handy!

If you are looking around for design ideas, I can highly recommend these books both for the beginning quilter as well as more experienced freemotion quilters. There is truly something for everybody.

Karin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi...thanks for stopping by and commenting. Very much appreciated! I will endeavour to answer all comments via email. Please check that you are not a no-reply blogger as there is no way of responding to you (other than by reply on the blog). If you need help with this issue, please head for Tutorials for a link on how to fix this issue.

Popular Posts