Friday 1 March 2019

2019 Finish-A-Long: Fourth Finish

The word for this year is 'Focus' and so far I am doing really well, going through my list one by one.

My fourth finish for this quarter is the Ruler Practice Quilt which I started when I joined the Handiquilter Ruler of the Month Club 3. You can find my list of proposed finishes for the 2019 Finish-A-Long HERE.
Please visit Leanne's blog She Can Quilt for more information on the Finish-A-Long. You will find  detail on how this link up works and also find the list of bloggers who are hosting this great event. The Link up for the First Quarter Finishes is on April 10th.

I had a packet of Bali Snaps that I did get in one of the Fat Quarter Shops Flash sales, so I used them up for this, just setting them in an irregular sashings setting.
The quilt measures 37in x 44in and there are a lot of weird and wonderful examples of ruler work on this. I did a fair few grids to practice them a bit more and liked using the Petal Pusher ruler which just gave you a simple floral motif which I thought was perfect for using with charm packs. In the end though I ended up trying all sorts of other rulers on this to practice particular designs. Did a lot of arcs with the newly acquired Pro Echo curves from Lisa Calle...absolutely love using them!
In addition, I used one of Cindy Needham's Border designs from her Border Stencil Collection. Love the way this turned out! The zigzag design was easy to mark onto the quilt as her stencils have registration dots and stretching the zigzags out a bit to make them fit worked really well.

I only used a single line of zigzags and put some pebbles in that...you could, of course extend this and add a 1/4in echo to make the border even more prominent. Lots of options!

Karin

1 comment:

Hi...thanks for stopping by and commenting. Very much appreciated! I will endeavour to answer all comments via email. Please check that you are not a no-reply blogger as there is no way of responding to you (other than by reply on the blog). If you need help with this issue, please head for Tutorials for a link on how to fix this issue.

Popular Posts