Sunday 17 February 2019

2019 Finish-A-Long - Third Finish

My third finish of the first quarter of the 2019 Finish-A-Long. The very citrus looking baby quilt.

You can find my list of proposed finishes for the 2019 Finish-A-Long in this post
Please visit Leanne's blog She Can Quilt for more information on the Finish-A-Long. You will find  detail on how this link up works and also find the list of bloggers who are hosting this great event. The Link up for the First Quarter Finishes is on April 10th.

I used Anne Kelle's Mini Cats fabric from the Urban Zoologie range for Robert Kaufmann for this quilt. The quilt measures 36 1/2 x 42 1/2in and is one of a set of quilts that I made for the arrival of twins. You can see the colourway of the other one in this post.

For the quilting I used a simple allover continuous line pattern that I stitched out with Lisa Calle's Pro Echo 8 ruler. Simple, but very effective I think. I used my trusted Aurifil 50/2 thread for the ditch work and for the continuous lines I used a 40/3 Aurifil thread in the top. Even though it was a bit rushed, came out very nice. Now we are just waiting for those babies.

Karin

1 comment:

  1. I gotta bookmark this website it seems extremely helpful very useful. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Hi...thanks for stopping by and commenting. Very much appreciated! I will endeavour to answer all comments via email. Please check that you are not a no-reply blogger as there is no way of responding to you (other than by reply on the blog). If you need help with this issue, please head for Tutorials for a link on how to fix this issue.

Popular Posts