Sunday 1 March 2020

Best Tool Ever!

I have been looking for one of these for a while by now and saw it recently in the Fatquartershop. This one is the Quick Press Seam Roller by Lori Holt.

Lately I have been making a few quilts that required to press the seams open (Fancy Fox quilt and also the Lana Lemur Quilt). Particularly on the Lana Lemur quilt I had to press each seam open as I went along (lots of tiny little pieces put together) which required me to constantly get up and go to the ironing board (which for me is in a different room) as accuracy was a must for that quilt. Not a big deal, however I had seen these rollers before and thought that this is the perfect solution to press your seams as you go and only getting up to press completed units with the iron, thereby saving a bit of time and streamlining the process.
When trying this out, I must say, I was absolutely impressed...definitely flattens the seam with very little effort, just rolling over it. This is really helpful and the seam is as good as if it is ironed.

Highly recommended!

Karin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi...thanks for stopping by and commenting. Very much appreciated! I will endeavour to answer all comments via email. Please check that you are not a no-reply blogger as there is no way of responding to you (other than by reply on the blog). If you need help with this issue, please head for Tutorials for a link on how to fix this issue.

Popular Posts