Friday 20 March 2020

New Pattern - The Traffic Jam Quilt

Not sure how exactly this title came about, but it stuck.

This is my new pattern available in my Etsy Shop in two different sizes, i.e. crib/baby quilt size (40.5in x 50.5in) and lap quilt size (50.5in x 60.5in). I took my time with this as I always test the patterns myself, so I can be assured that my instructions are correct and easy to follow. The quilt itself comes together very quickly and could be done in a few days. It is extremely beginner friendly using strip-piecing as the main technique.

While the pattern is easy to do you could also end up with an entirely different looking quilt if you vary the placements of colours which I always find fascinating, like for example in this variation:


With that being done, I am already working on another pattern that includes the old time favourite 'the stretched star' arrangement. Bit excited about that one, ready to wash my fabric, got another Accuquilt die to speed things up, now let's see how long that will take!

Karin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi...thanks for stopping by and commenting. Very much appreciated! I will endeavour to answer all comments via email. Please check that you are not a no-reply blogger as there is no way of responding to you (other than by reply on the blog). If you need help with this issue, please head for Tutorials for a link on how to fix this issue.

Popular Posts