Tuesday 21 July 2020

Gridwork

Finished one of the Lemurs
This was the second go...I had the grid wrongly aligned first time around and some of the lines fell exactly on the seams around the eyes. Begrudgingly changed this and stitched the lines half inch away from the original marked in grid. I just could not help myself...this would have bothered me for years to come. This was easy to do with a straight ruler as I just shifted the ruler over. Luckily I marked those lines very carefully for a change so this turned out quite nice. I am using the Stitch Regulator of the Capri for this which is going really well...feel that I am stitching much faster with the regulator, so the whole thing is not that arduous to complete.
Only have half the other lemur left to finish. Looking forward to the FMQ in the background.

Karin

2 comments:

  1. I love gridwork! It always looks good, if marked correctly! Your quilt looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your lemurs are adorable, Karin! I'm glad you redid your straight line quilting. It makes me nuts when I hear quilters talking about "Oh, it's fine as long as no one notices from a galloping horse!" :-)

    ReplyDelete

Hi...thanks for stopping by and commenting. Very much appreciated! I will endeavour to answer all comments via email. Please check that you are not a no-reply blogger as there is no way of responding to you (other than by reply on the blog). If you need help with this issue, please head for Tutorials for a link on how to fix this issue.

Popular Posts