Saturday 26 December 2020

A Finish

Finished my little quilt with a jazzy striped binding.

Father Christmas brought me a new camera, so I am trialing taking photos at the moment. I so struggle with this, as I was used to my old camera. For the last 6 months I have been taking pictures with either my Iphone or the Ipad as my trusted Nikon gave up its ghost...I know that lots of people do this, but I struggled with that big time, so decided to go for a new camera. Was looking for something fairly basic but with the popularity of the Iphones as cameras there was a fairly limited range. Got a smallish point and shoot camera (Panasonic) and have spent the afternoon going through the manual and trying different things. Must say they packed a lot of features into this small thing and in terms of function it is definitely much more than just point and shoot! My photos are a bit rough as I was shooting in lower light and trying all sorts of weird and wonderful things. There is so much to explore and I have little knowledge of photographic concepts. Have gone straight back to my preferred Nikon setting which is taking photos in the Aperture mode...at least I am used to that!

Anyway, here is the completed quilt.


Using a different spot in the house for taking my shot (working on getting better quilt photos for my ETSY shop). The above is nice but won't do...I need it sharper and lighter than that I reckon.

Camera has a fairly wide zoom and I played around with this a fair bit


Finally worked out how to get a good representation of the colours...who knew that pressing a few buttons could do that.
Close up of the stitching looks brilliant, done on the Bernina Q20 in stitch regulation.

Also did heaps of stylized shots as I am working on making a decent banner (again for the ETSY shop). Put my trial photo as a banner for my blog for the moment...not too bad at all! Well, with that the whole afternoon is gone and all I have done is exploring this little gadget and adults kids are coming around the corner asking what is for dinner!

Karin

4 comments:

  1. Good for you to experiment with the features on your new camera! You don't know what you're missing until you've tried it all! Your new finish is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your new camera. While I love all the power and quality of photos with full size cameras, especially Nikons, I really like the ease of taking a little camera with me. And, I prefer them vs cell phone cameras for quality and functionality. I look forward to seeing your photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karin, what is the model number of your camera? My little Nikon has been a great camera but the battery cover is failing and my phone camera is not the best. I need to think about getting a new one that is reliable and produces great photos without much effort.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keep up the good work , I read few posts on this web site and I conceive that your blog is very interesting and has sets of fantastic information.
    digitizing for embroidery

    ReplyDelete

Hi...thanks for stopping by and commenting. Very much appreciated! I will endeavour to answer all comments via email. Please check that you are not a no-reply blogger as there is no way of responding to you (other than by reply on the blog). If you need help with this issue, please head for Tutorials for a link on how to fix this issue.

Popular Posts