Wednesday 26 October 2022

To Do Tuesday - 25/10/22

I only set one task last week, i.e.

📌Baste another charity quilt ready to be quilted.

Well, maybe I should do this more often. Actually basted and finished one charity quilt and am almost through the second one as well!

This is the first quilt
Must admit, did not like this quilt at all. The center is a panel with the most overwhelming colour arrangement...it has got those tiny flowers on white as a background. Most odd, it just feels too much. Really struggled to quilt this so I just outlined the star and ditched all the seams. I did a bit of ruler work in the Flying Geese but that was it, did not feel like doing any more on this. Really odd quilt, but hopefully somebody will like it.

Basted the second one and am almost through with the stitching in the ditch.
What a difference the colours make for me...love the combination of purple and green. Very tasteful, gentle quilt. I am in two minds whether to do a bit of ruler work on this, but we shall see. Will have to drop off the charity quilts on Friday, so really want to have this done.

My goals for next week include:
📌prepare another Mini Wholecloth using a dusty pink fabric with a slightly stronger thread that will hopefully show up a bit more; this is for the workshop next year...I might change the fillers a bit from the original one to see what that looks like.
📌start work on a new pattern; this pattern was supposed to be for Christmas and I will get it done...it's just a bit on the late side, but so be it. Need to get this out of my system so I can start on something else.
📌If time allows, continue on my cat blocks.

Linking up to To Do Tuesday over at Texas Quilt Gal.


 Karin

2 comments:

  1. You did great work on your charity quilts! I do actually like the colors in the first quilt, but like you I prefer the colors of the second one. I look forward to seeing the pattern you are developing. Thank you for sharing with To Do Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think color is such an important part of quilting. I don't do well when the colors don't please my eye. Nice job on the charity quilts. Someone will love them.

    ReplyDelete

Hi...thanks for stopping by and commenting. Very much appreciated! I will endeavour to answer all comments via email. Please check that you are not a no-reply blogger as there is no way of responding to you (other than by reply on the blog). If you need help with this issue, please head for Tutorials for a link on how to fix this issue.

Popular Posts