Friday 9 November 2012

Blockbase Sew Along #3

This is the third block in the Blockbase Sew Along run by Jenny at the EQ blog 'Behind the Mouse'.
The block is called Pyramid and is #2448 in Barbara Brackmann's Encyclopedia of Pieced Quilt Patterns.

I actually thought that I still had another week or so to sew this and only realized on my day off from work this week that link up is this Friday. So this block was a bit rushed...




Well, the block certainly used up more fabric than I thought (I am using a Jelly Roll from Moda fabric, called 30s Playtime 'Chloe's Closet').  Had a really hard time to decide what colour arrangements to go for. It ended up pretty colourful...I am not usually this daring...still deciding whether I like the blue in the corners.

Overall, the block came together easily, however quite annoyingly, the matching of my intersections left a lot to be desired. Totally missed the mark on one intersection but funny enough, the block measures exactly 8.5 inches square. Usually I fall a bit shy of my finished block sizes, and as I am consistent in this, I don't worry much about it. I might do this block again over the Xmas period, a little bit slower and hopefully with a bit more precision.

Heading over to the Blockbase Sew Along to have a look at the other blocks. Very curious about what colour combinations people have used.

BlockBase Sew Along Blog Badge
 
Karin

2 comments:

  1. You did a great job, even if you were a bit rushed! ;)
    Thanks for sewing along with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for hosting this...I am actually really enjoying this and 2 weeks is always a good amount of time to get it done.

    ReplyDelete

Hi...thanks for stopping by and commenting. Very much appreciated! I will endeavour to answer all comments via email. Please check that you are not a no-reply blogger as there is no way of responding to you (other than by reply on the blog). If you need help with this issue, please head for Tutorials for a link on how to fix this issue.

Popular Posts