Friday 23 November 2012

Blockbase Sew Along #4

Here is my block for the Blockbase Sew Along #4 held over at the EQ blog 'Behind the Mouse'. This block is #2049 of Barbara Brackman's Encyclopedia of Pieced Quilt Patterns and is called Independence Square.

My version:



I foundation pieced the block and was able to use up tiny leftovers of the darker blue material. Reading some of the comments I saw that one of the quilters removed their foundation paper before she stitched it together. I saw this recently also in one of the Craftsy BOM lessons.  I thought that all the paper had to be left in until the whole block was sewn together...have I been doing this wrong all this time?

Anyway, will head over to the Blockbase Sew Along to link up and have a look at all the other blocks.

Karin

2 comments:

  1. Usually I keep all paper until finish but pieces that are not to be used anymore can be removed before finishing the block, I think..
    I like your fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ana Maria. I am planning a new project that will involve paper piecing. Might try it both ways...the fabric is quite cute...I could imagine this block in a baby quilt. Would not have thought that when I first saw the block.

    ReplyDelete

Hi...thanks for stopping by and commenting. Very much appreciated! I will endeavour to answer all comments via email. Please check that you are not a no-reply blogger as there is no way of responding to you (other than by reply on the blog). If you need help with this issue, please head for Tutorials for a link on how to fix this issue.

Popular Posts