Tuesday 13 November 2012

Tag! You're It! A fun Little Blogging Game

I've been tagged!!! Pam from PBJ Quilt Sandwiches has become my latest follower and has tagged me to participate in this little blogging game.

The rules are:

- every tagged person has to tell 11 things about themselves
- the person who tagged you asked 11 questions, answer those questions
- ask 11 questions for the 11 blogs you are going to tag (the people you tag should have less than 200 followers)
- mention the blog that tagged you, but do not tag them back.

Here it goes, 11 things about me:

  1. I have been quilting since 2006 and am mainly self-taught; it all started with a tutorial about the basics of quilting that I found on the Internet.
  2. I work almost full-time as a social worker.
  3. My goal for this year was to concentrate on FMQ and that is what I have been mostly doing all year and yes, I can confirm...practice, practice, practice!
  4. I am interested in Pinterest however have not done anything about it as yet...unsure whether I like the concept or not.
  5. I am the gadget person...if there is a new gadget on the market, I'll find it.
  6. I am slightly embarrassed to say but I love Bollywood movies.
  7. I like to read when I have the time; I do not have favourite authors however one of the more memorable authors I read is Abigail Padgett.
  8. I like travelling and am hoping to go overseas next year.
  9. I would love to buy the Handi quilter 'Sweet Sixteen Machine' but that is never going to happen.
  10. This year is the first year that I did not attend the quilt show that comes to town for fear of buying yet more gadgets, more books or even more fabric; instead I went on the Internet and ordered some stuff.
  11. I have been lucky to have some of my quilts published in some of the quilting magazines over here and am hoping to put up some of my patterns on something like Craftsy or Etsy, however have been side tracked all year with other things.
 
11 questions I got asked:

1) What's your favourite sewing notion?
The Supreme Slider that you put at the bottom of your machine to make sliding the quilt around when FMQ easier - it's brilliant.
2) What's your favourite quilt shop?
Any shop that stores fabric or gadgets.
3) Where did you go on your last vacation?
We went for a week to Sydney, just sightseeing.
4) What's your favourite meal to make for guests?
That depends on the season...in the height of the summer it has to be a BBQ, however in Winter I like to make a roast
5) Do you subscribe to any quilting or sewing magazines?
Yes, I get the Australian Patchwork & Quilting and Creating Country Threads magazines
6) Have you ever been on a shop hop?
No
7) Toilet paper roll over or under?
Definitely over
8) How long have you been sewing/quilting?
Since 2006
9) What's your best sewing tip?
Before putting on the binding, sew around the edge of your quilt (approximately 1/8" from the edge) to secure the border , then attach the binding; I think it makes for a better finish.
10) Where is the farthest you've ever travelled?
I originate from Germany and now live in Australia
11) Do you collect anything?
Yes, fabric

11 questions for my tagged fellow bloggers:

  1. What is your favourite quilting book?
  2. What is your best sewing tip?
  3. What is your favourite quilt tutorial?
  4. How did you get into quilting?
  5. What styles of quilts do you like most?
  6. What is your favourite quilting gadget?
  7. Do you buy fabric when you need it for a project or do you buy fabric more spontaneously?
  8. Where do you get your inspiration for your quilt designs?
  9. Are you using Pinterest, Twitter or Facebook as well as running a blog?
  10. What sort of things do you enjoy when you are not quilting?
  11. Do you belong to a quilting group?
Tag! You are now it - blogs I have tagged to join in the fun:


Stitch by Stitch
Tales of Ineptitude
My Quilting Journey
The Little House on the Hill
Meine Kleine Welt
Passion Quilting
The Guilty Quilter
Fresh Off the Spool
annequiltingforfun
Katie's Quilting and Sewing
The Zodiac Quilter

Hope you participate...it takes about an hour to complete this. It's all good fun and helps us to explore new blogs.

Karin

5 comments:

  1. Interesting to know a bit more about you! You are one of my favorite bloggers and an AWESOME FMQer! I see you have tagged me;) I'll fill out mine tomorrow. Headed for bed soon:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, can say the same about you...glad you're such a good sport. It's quite a task. When I first looked at it I felt a bit overwhelmed...it's my day off today, but then I thought, really...it's all in good fun and links people together.

    I am watching my Craftsy class...yep, bought Leah's class. It really is very good. Definitely hooked.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for being such a good sport! It does take a long time to complete! You're quilting tip of sewing the edges 1st then binding is something I do to! It really does help!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Karin! Thanks for tagging me, hopefully I can get to this soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks...know you have a lot on your plate, so take your time. I don't think these games come with any time frames. Looking forward to your response.

    ReplyDelete

Hi...thanks for stopping by and commenting. Very much appreciated! I will endeavour to answer all comments via email. Please check that you are not a no-reply blogger as there is no way of responding to you (other than by reply on the blog). If you need help with this issue, please head for Tutorials for a link on how to fix this issue.

Popular Posts