Wednesday 26 March 2014

Dresden Plate Table Runner

Working steadily on my projects and finished the Dresden plate quilt top (almost!).  There is method to my madness. I am trying to finish a number of things to get ready for a FMQ marathon. Would be great if I had two machines where I could swap between piecing and FMQ without having to switch over the machine all the time.

Anyway, as so often with these spontaneous type of projects, I ran out of border fabric just on the last top part of the outer border. Obviously did not plan this through very well, so I had to get some more of the red fabric the other day.  Good thing too as I had no binding fabric for this piece whatsoever.



 So here is part of the table runner
 


This looks great even though it is a bit plain. For a moment I thought that I might add another little border  or do something else a bit more decorative but in the end I decided to just put the plain red border around it. I reckon it is enough...

PS. Got the last  70cm off the bolt when I went to the shop...lucky I went when I did.

Linking up to WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced and Let's Bee Social at Sew Fresh Quilts.

Karin

6 comments:

  1. Great Dresden plates -- is it a pattern?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's lovely. I think there's plenty enough detail in your striped dresden plates that you shouldn't have to worry about adding more detail in the borders.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, you are lucky to get the last of the bolt. Love the runner. Those Dresdens are spectacular! Looks just beautiful as is. The focus stays on those plates!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome dresden!!! I love that it's in red and white too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful!! This is coming out awesome! I think it looks great as it is. The plates are showcased perfectly.

    ReplyDelete

Hi...thanks for stopping by and commenting. Very much appreciated! I will endeavour to answer all comments via email. Please check that you are not a no-reply blogger as there is no way of responding to you (other than by reply on the blog). If you need help with this issue, please head for Tutorials for a link on how to fix this issue.

Popular Posts