Well, things don't always work out the way you wanted...spent some time unpicking this week.
This is my third project for the FAL2016. I acquired this panel at the last quilt show and thought it would make a nice wall hanging.
Tried my new Ultimate Background stencils from Cindy Needham that I got for Christmas. For the sky part of the wall hanging I used the Twisted Grid (Papa size) placed on the vertical which gave me a nice amount of movement.
While I had secured some of the other parts of the project already by simply stitching around it, I had not secured it properly towards the bottom. Don't know what happened...maybe too eager to try out my grids...anyway, I did a whole section of clam shells only to find that I had pushed some puff upwards and the clam shells towards the top were too puffy and almost leading to pleads...
So today, I re-stitched that section after having secured the bottom with some quilted lines...problem fixed, however I must say, stitching them out in black on a black background was a bit crazy...I had major problems seeing where I was going at times and some of my clams turned out a tad wonky (not that you can see that at all)
I might try one more grid on the side but the rest will be some background quilting, I think...much more enjoyable.
Linking up to Let's Bee Social over at Lorna's Sew Fresh Quilts