Sunday 30 December 2018

Pastel Baby Quilt and Other Good Intentions

Over Christmas I just pottered around  and came across my UFOs...most notably my Spiderweb blocks. I had started this several years ago and you can read how I construct these blocks under the Tutorial tab (I use a wafer-thin interfacing that I leave in the block). I did look at other tutorials on the internet as well and did try to construct them in a less involved way, like just piecing them together, but I do think it does need a foundation to work from, so I went back to my original method.
I think that the interfacing just gives the block more stability.

I then started looking at my stash and decided to use up some fabric that I had won some time ago. Not exactly my colours, but very pretty...the fabric is Foxglove Garden by Leanne Beasley for Ella Blue fabrics. Made good use of my Accuquilt Go Cutter and cut myself a Charm Square pack and then just pieced them together...this repetitive stitching was so enjoyable! Not really feeling it I then used the Birds die that I had and cut out some birds to go on the quilt top. This was very quick with the Go cutter as you cut the fused shapes and you are ready to go. A little bit of blanket stitching around the basic applique shape and I was done!
You can hardly see anything as this fabric is very pastel đŸ˜„

Now I only have to find a suitable backing and this little quilt is done. Not planning anything major around this and probably will just meander over it.
Got heaps of the fabric left as it is a Fat Quarter bundle and will probably do another one at some stage. Handy to have them around to give away as gifts.


Karin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi...thanks for stopping by and commenting. Very much appreciated! I will endeavour to answer all comments via email. Please check that you are not a no-reply blogger as there is no way of responding to you (other than by reply on the blog). If you need help with this issue, please head for Tutorials for a link on how to fix this issue.

Popular Posts