Friday 28 December 2018

Best of 2018 Linky Party

Meadow Mist Design is hosting the Best Of 2018 Linky Party

2018 has been a somewhat quiet year for me in terms of blogging. Pretty much was concentrating on actually finishing some projects off, so for this Linky Party I am choosing 5 finished projects.

1. The Mini Wholecloth

Literally got side tracked straight away in January by participating in Patsy Thompson's January Online Ruler Workshop. Could not resist and produced this little Mini Wholecloth. Read more
2. The 1000 Pyramid Quilt
This quilt had been some years in the making and I finally decided to finish it, come what may...I wrote several posts about it throughout the first half of the year, first when it was finally pieced together (Read more here) and then several posts about the quilting. The quilt was massive and I had chosen a Baptist Fan design to go all over it. Note the 'What a Crazy Idea' Post
I was so happy when this was finally done!
3. Dancing Squares Baby Quilt
Found the most gorgeous fabric...'Jungle Fever' by Rebecca Jones for Clothworks and made another baby quilt...
4. The Challenge Quilt

Our local Handiquilter Group ran a challenge throughout 2018 using the rulers acquired in some of the Ruler of the Month Clubs. This was very intricate and took some time, but having it broken down into smaller sections, month by month, made this very enjoyable. 
5. Little Chicks Baby Quilt

I love making baby quilts (and there is always someone who needs a quilt), particularly with Anne Kelle's Urban Zoologie fabric. 
No photo of the completed quilt as this was supposed to go into my Craftsy pattern shop, however with recent changes I will have to upload my pattern somewhere else.  Over Xmas was not the time to do any further exploration around this! 

The highlight of the year for me was the Australian Machine Quilting Festival. Went to a lecture with Ricky Tims and attended some classes with Cindy Needham...absolutely fabulous! 

Well, there was more, but this post is getting way too long. Linking up to Meadow Mist Designs for their annual Best of 2018 Linky Party

Karin

1 comment:

  1. What beautiful finishes, I love the quilting! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete

Hi...thanks for stopping by and commenting. Very much appreciated! I will endeavour to answer all comments via email. Please check that you are not a no-reply blogger as there is no way of responding to you (other than by reply on the blog). If you need help with this issue, please head for Tutorials for a link on how to fix this issue.

Popular Posts