Wednesday 20 February 2019

Handiquilter Ruler of The Month Club 3 -

We received the last two rulers of the Ruler of the Month Club 3 in the beginning of February.

The 3in Square Template
The Star Flower Template
I finally got around playing a little bit around with these rulers while finishing off my Ruler Practice quilt. First tried the Square template to just outline my charm square.
Obviously did not do an exact job of aligning this properly as my squares were lacking in accuracy, but you get the general idea. Did another one and embellished this with one of Lisa Calle's Pro Echo curves. Very easy to use.
Then I went and tried this enormous flower ruler...had no idea it would be so big, so fitted half of that in a corner.
Very cool, however I am not sure when I am going to use this...maybe as an allover design randomly placed on a quilt?
Also tried some clam shells with this. Was easy to hold, of course, as it is so big...definitely don't need a clam shell ruler as I have got rulers with half circles I can use all over the place.
...and then I just started playing around with other rulers to fill in the rest of the squares.

Different sizes Pro Echo Rulers again
 Small Scallop ruler with some lines
Incidentally, I discovered that the 1/4in Line Grid ruler has a 1/8in line in there, so I did a 3/8in grid. Quite like that size grid.
Lastly, I tried Lisa Calle's 3in Pro Echo ruler as I will need that for my next wholecloth.
Mis-aligned on the bottom petal, but overall really easy to work with...just needs a bit more concentration on my part.

And this is the end of my Ruler Practice Quilt! I don't think I will do another one as I feel quite comfortable with rulers by now. Also, happy to say that I did not join up for the Ruler of the Month Club 4 as I definitely have enough rulers. Already have a few that I will  only ever use now and then, so really do not need more of that. Mind you, the whole ruler business is so seductive! Have you seen the rulers that Bethanny Nemesh brought out? They look absolutely fabulous...had to be really firm with myself not to jump at that. Particularly like her French Curve rulers, but unless I have a design in mind, I will refrain from getting them. Famous last words 😁

Karin

1 comment:

Hi...thanks for stopping by and commenting. Very much appreciated! I will endeavour to answer all comments via email. Please check that you are not a no-reply blogger as there is no way of responding to you (other than by reply on the blog). If you need help with this issue, please head for Tutorials for a link on how to fix this issue.

Popular Posts