Monday 4 February 2019

Ruler Practice Quilt - Pro Echo Rulers

I have been splurging out over Xmas and ordered the small Pro Echo Curve set from Lisa Calle.
The set goes from 3in up to 7in which complements the 8 and 12in curves I already have.

Have I not got enough rulers? Yes, I have...but of all the different rulers that I have, I also am always looking for curves. So, I thought that I take the plunge and order the set. I particularly like the Lisa Calle rulers as they do work  better for me than any other curves that I have used. I completed a baby quilt recently with the 8in ruler. Read more here... This convinced me to get the set, as the alignment was just so effortless and the end result was so consistent.

I finally got around to just have a bit of a 'play' with the new set on my Practice Ruler Quilt. I do a fair bit of practising, as you may have noticed... I really think that it takes a while to get used to different rulers, i.e. how to align them, how to read the lines and how to best hold them. For me it works best if I practice on an actual quilt as I then have to deal with the bulk, how to best position the ruler and hold everything,  and work out which way to quilt, i.e. in front of needle or to the side. This all takes practice.

My initial trial was somewhat sloppy, but already so much better than with other curves.
5, 6, and 7in curve

3in curve

7in curve with 1/4in echo
7in curve grid
Very happy!

Karin

1 comment:

  1. Hallo Karin,
    Du kannst einen aber auch in Versuchung führen... Deine Tests sehen gut aus. Besonders das letzte Bild gefällt mir sehr gut.
    Liebe Grüße
    Jeannette

    ReplyDelete

Hi...thanks for stopping by and commenting. Very much appreciated! I will endeavour to answer all comments via email. Please check that you are not a no-reply blogger as there is no way of responding to you (other than by reply on the blog). If you need help with this issue, please head for Tutorials for a link on how to fix this issue.

Popular Posts