Wednesday 4 December 2019

Second Finish For the 2019 Finish-A-Long Fourth Quarter

I am on a roll...finished my second project for the 2019 Finish-A-Long.

You can find the information about the 2019 Finish-A- Long on  Leanne's blog She Can Quilt. There you will find more detail on how this link up works and also find the list of bloggers who are hosting this great event. The link up for this quarter opens on 1st January 2020.

You can find my Goal list for the fourth quarter HERE

This little table runner is from the leftover fabric and test blocks from my Fancy Fox quilt that I finished in the last quarter. I thought that those foxes were just too cute to throw away. Each of those test blocks were ironed slightly differently and on some blocks the points were a bit cut off due to squaring them off, however I figured that this was good enough for use on the coffee table.

 I used every available last scrap of fabric that was left over from the quilt. Very satisfying indeed!

For the quilting I decided to do a bit of a grid over the foxes to practice consistency in terms of aligning the ruler correctly. That worked well, staying within my 1in grid more or less. Then did some straight lines at 1/4in intervals in the woodgrain fabric to accentuate the lines of the woodgrain.
For the border I thought I try a fern type pattern...have wanted to try this for a while. I used the HQ Wave ruler first to stitch in the spine using the very gentle curve (drawing the corners in very loosely). So, very little marking for this piece which was great. My fern design worked well although, must say, it looks a bit like  one of those caterpillars crawling around the border 😆
Easy to get around the corner if you watch that you fill the available space as there is little consistency other than the consistent S-curve (which makes it look very consistent overall).


Very unlikely I can keep up this pace of finishing things, but for the moment I am feeling pumped!

Linking up to Midweek Makers over at Quilt Fabrication.

Linking up to the 2019 Finish-A-Long over at Marci Girl Designs

Karin

3 comments:

  1. Your quilting looks amazing! I'm happy you saved the fox blocks...they are way too cute to toss away!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it just the best feeling to finish up a bunch of things! Love those foxy ladies;)

    ReplyDelete

Hi...thanks for stopping by and commenting. Very much appreciated! I will endeavour to answer all comments via email. Please check that you are not a no-reply blogger as there is no way of responding to you (other than by reply on the blog). If you need help with this issue, please head for Tutorials for a link on how to fix this issue.

Popular Posts