Saturday 28 December 2019

Best of 2019

Cheryl from Meadow Mist Designs is hosting the Best of 2019 Linky Party. Going through the blog posts of the year, here are 5 of my favourites. If you want to read more about the quilts, just click on the heading for each quilt to be taken to the blog post.

1. Pastel Baby Quilt

I loved making this quilt...particularly mthe making of the scrappy backing. Used up most of my Fat Quarter bundle for this quilt

...and the back

2. HST Quilt

Made two of those to be gifted to newly arrived twins. This is the citrus version

3. The Funky Bird Quilt

One of my favourites...a bit work intensive, but so worthwhile in the end. The block used in this quilt is the Fancy Foot block which is an old and almost forgotten block...suited the birds perfectly

4. Festival of Quilts 2019

My entry to the Festival of Quilts 2019. This was a slightly insane idea and I had a definite vision of this in my head when I started. The end result came close and it got me third place in the 'Other' category of the show.

5. The Fox Quilt

Another of my absolute favourites...Elizabeth Hartman's Fancy Fox Quilt. I so enjoyed making this quilt. Every time I pieced a face, as soon as the eyes were included I could see their cute little faces...I used my favourite Shannon Brinkley Dryad range fabric for this and have lots left over for another one. This is definitely on the list for the new year.

Linking up to the Best of 2019 Linky Party. Click on the image below to be taken to the Linky Party and check out the the amazing quilts on show. Just stunning!



Karin

5 comments:

  1. Oh your funky bird dance is so fun!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love them all. Never heard of the Fancy Foot block, it is adorable. That Elizabeth Hartman Foxes quilt pattern is on my to-buy list. Yours looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a big fan of low volume quilts, that baby one is just perfect!
    Congrats on placing in the quilt show ~

    ReplyDelete
  4. All of your finishes are beautiful! I love how you were able to use the fat quarter bundle for both the front and back of the first quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What great finishes in 2019. Wishing you many more in 2020!

    ReplyDelete

Hi...thanks for stopping by and commenting. Very much appreciated! I will endeavour to answer all comments via email. Please check that you are not a no-reply blogger as there is no way of responding to you (other than by reply on the blog). If you need help with this issue, please head for Tutorials for a link on how to fix this issue.

Popular Posts