Friday 31 August 2012

Weekly Themed Quilt Contest


Weekly Themed Quilt Contests

 
I love virtual quilt shows...and this week I am able to participate, as the theme is Leaves, Trees and Flowers.

I put up my Autumn Leaves Quilt that I finished in 2011. I am pretty much a traditional quilter and love the Maple Leaf block. Constructing it out of Japanese fabric, I started experimenting with its orientation and this is the result.


I wanted the leaves to be just "thrown" across the quilt in an orderly way to evoke the sense of the leaves being scattered across the quilt top. Anyway, this is the version I finally settled on.
Hope you like it.

To have a look at all the quilts, head over to the Quilting Gallery for the Weekly Themed Contest. Voting starts today and finishes on Monday at 8am (EDT).

Until next time

Karin

5 comments:

  1. Es muy bonito, me gusta el diseño y los colores.

    Saludos

    ane

    ReplyDelete
  2. I missed this post but I will head over and vote! I love the leaves in all directions..and colors. Reminds me that fall is around the corner;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks. I am just a big kid at heart. Love those quilt contests and am always very excited if I just get a few votes. There are some nice quilts on show there.

    ReplyDelete

Hi...thanks for stopping by and commenting. Very much appreciated! I will endeavour to answer all comments via email. Please check that you are not a no-reply blogger as there is no way of responding to you (other than by reply on the blog). If you need help with this issue, please head for Tutorials for a link on how to fix this issue.

Popular Posts