Friday 1 February 2013

Blockbase Sew Along #8

This is Block #8 in the Blockbase Sew Along that is hosted by the EQ blog 'Behind the Mouse. The block is #1407a in Barbara Brackman's Encyclopedia of Pieced Quilt Patterns  and is simply called Spool.

I chose the block with the inset seams as I have some leftover fabric in the range I am using (Moda Jelly Roll '30s Playtime') that just fitted those rotary cutting instructions for my 8" block.

Complete flop on the first trial, obviously a bit harder than I thought



My block did not turn out that great but I did not have time this week to repeat it. It took all four of those spools to get the hang of this, hence it did not fit together properly at all. I must admit, I am totally out of practice with inset seams ...never mind, all good practice but this one definitely has to be done again.




Until next time

Karin

3 comments:

  1. Oh I really like your blocks, nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how pretty. I have always wanted to do a quilt but (Cough my mom) never showed me a thing.
    Love your blog. following ya. :)
    Blessings Renee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great blocks. I love spool blocks. I have fabrics like yours I forget what they are called. I have been waiting to cut them up. I guess I am really more of a fabric collector. LOL. Thank you for coming by and visiting. You asked about the 'fire'. It was an app my Cowboy found on his Kindle. I'll see if I can find out how to find it.
    Have a wonderful weekend.
    Blessings,
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete

Hi...thanks for stopping by and commenting. Very much appreciated! I will endeavour to answer all comments via email. Please check that you are not a no-reply blogger as there is no way of responding to you (other than by reply on the blog). If you need help with this issue, please head for Tutorials for a link on how to fix this issue.

Popular Posts