Wednesday 15 January 2014

Disappearing Four Patch Quilt finished

Wow...this has felt like the longest time completing this quilt. But, it is finally done and is looking quite nice.

The quilt comes to approximately 62in x 70in



This was a fun quilt to make as it could be chain-stitched in assembly line manner and ultimately came together quite quickly. Unfortunately, I was in such a hurry that I did my quilt-in-the-ditch sewing with an incorrect bobbin thread and Monofilament on top which caused some major pulling of the fabric. Once I realised I had to undo a fair bit and hence, it has taken me an extraordinary long time to complete this one.

What's next...well, had to give my machine in for a service as it is making an alarming clunking noise again when I am FMQ. Will have a bit of a break and then start on another adventure...have this new design in my head which needs to still be tweaked here and there...

Linking up to Lorna's Bee Social Linky Party over at Sew Fresh Quilts and WIP Wednesday over at Freshly Pieced

Until next time

Karin

15 comments:

  1. It looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ein wunderschöner Quilt!...

    ☆* Liebe Grüße Klaudia * ★

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was worth the wait Karin. It's gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on a gorgeous finish, Karin! Hope your machine comes back in tip top shape. And ready to roll. Looking forward to seeing your latest design!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is beautiful! I love D4P quilts and yours turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh that's so pretty! I love making those blocks! In fact I just did a table runner on monday with mine, LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have not made a D4P yet.... I have heard of people having issues with getting the blocks to turn out right, has kind of made me shy away.... BUT your quilt is quite inspiring and I might just bite the bullet and just do it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty. I love the earth-tone colors.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely quilt. I think you nailed it with the borders...perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so pretty! What a bummer that you had to unpick a lot, but the end result is so nice. Well worth the time to take it out and redo. I agree with dq - love your borders.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It came out beautiful! The colors go together perfectly! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have always wanted to make the disappearing 4-patch. Love your border choices!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great finish I really enjoy all the disappearing blocks. I have been working on the disappearing Pinwheel. It always amazes me how the blocks change. Your color choices are fantastic.

    ReplyDelete

Hi...thanks for stopping by and commenting. Very much appreciated! I will endeavour to answer all comments via email. Please check that you are not a no-reply blogger as there is no way of responding to you (other than by reply on the blog). If you need help with this issue, please head for Tutorials for a link on how to fix this issue.

Popular Posts