Sunday 5 January 2014

Home, sweet home

Home again...cannot believe it. Only yesterday we were roaming the streets of Dubai.

Well, I have not had the use of my sewing machine for a good 5 weeks now and am itching to get back on and also have a look around what other people are up to in blogland.

I did end up finding a quilt shop in Germany, Moelln (on the main road, No 134)...however it was closed as it was close to Christmas. That might have been a good thing because they had some wonderful things in the shop window and the shop looked absolutely filled with fabric. Saved heaps of money, I reckon.




Mind you, as a quilter there seems to be inspiration all around. Found some interesting patterns/motifs in Dubai

 
 
from a vase in Dubai Mall...


 
Also from the Dubai Mall. I believe I saw this on a blog last year...I think somebody did go ahead and quilted this....this was just a pattern on one of the walls. Really beautiful...would make a wonderful quilt.


And last, what about this as a motif for a wall hanging?

Absolute inspiration overload.













Well, for me though it is back to my Disappearing Four Patch quilt...still need to finish off the quilting and binding and then write up the pattern as it is going to one of the magazines and I have a little bit of a deadline to meet. Busting to see what everyone has been up to in the 5 weeks that I was gone as I was only sporadically able to surf the net.

Until next time


Karin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi...thanks for stopping by and commenting. Very much appreciated! I will endeavour to answer all comments via email. Please check that you are not a no-reply blogger as there is no way of responding to you (other than by reply on the blog). If you need help with this issue, please head for Tutorials for a link on how to fix this issue.

Popular Posts