Thursday 10 January 2019

2019 Finish-A-Long Proposed List Q1


finishalong logo 200px


The Finish-A-Long is on again...you can find the information about the Finish-A- Long on  Leanne's blog She Can Quilt. You will find more detail on how this link up works and also find the list of bloggers who are hosting this great event.

I participated in 2017 and partly in 2018. In 2018 I just lost the plot...the finishes were not the issue, rather a lack of focus and generally being all over the place. So the word for this year is:

FOCUS
My goal list for the first quarter is as follows:

1. The Challenge Quilt (this is a year long project)
This is an ongoing project that is run by our local Handiquilter group involving completing a distinct FMQ task every month. For this purpose we have been asked to construct a quilt by the 18th January when we have our first meeting. I am already running behind (how is this possible?) and am currently in the process of putting the quilt together...lots of chain piecing!
The task for this first quarter is to construct the quilt, layer and baste it and then complete the FMQ for the first month. I am including this to keep the pressure on to keep up!

2. Another Baby Quilt
Already in the making...cut out all the pieces and am basically ready to go!
Cute little cat fabric from Ann Kelle's Urban Zoologie range. The quilt will be approx. 36in x 42in and will have to be finished by the end of this quarter as the baby will not wait for me.

3. Pastel Baby Quilt
Already done, waiting to be basted and quilted.
This is not a big job as I am going to just meander over it which should not take too long. Mind you, just decided I will piece the backing together, so another hold up coming up!

4. Wholecloth quilt
Have my design ready, just needs to be tidied up...this is a design I drew in Cindy Needham's class during the Australian Machine Quilting Festival. Really would like to get that done. To be realistic though, for this quarter I will cautiously hope that I have cleaned up the design and started marking it on the fabric...that would be great!
5. The Ruler Quilt
Already in production. I made this quilt to try out the rulers that I acquired from the last Handiquilter Ruler of the Month Club(no 3). Will pick up the last 2 rulers on the 18th January and will continue on that. Again, might not finish it, but would be good to have all the squares filled in by then.
6. Scrappy Spiderweb Quilt Quilt
This has been hanging around for ages...my scraps are literally overflowing (I tend to keep anything and everything) and I would like to get this done this year. Not sure what to aim for here as my list is already very long. Let's just say...some evidence that I am actually continuing on this 😀
There is more on my list, but I will stop here because it has to be achievable and I don't want to fall behind, so let's see how we go with all of that.

Linking up to the Proposed Finishes List over at She Can Quilt for the first quarter. The link up for the the first quarter is on 1st April. So watch this space (and others) to see what we can accomplish if we put our minds to it.

Karin

3 comments:

  1. You have some beautiful starts here!! I love the applique birds on the patchwork. Good luck with your finishes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like some beautiful projects to work on. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with your lovely projects. I think I have my scrappy spiderweb blocks from an old swap stashed somewhere. On behalf of the 2019 Finish A Long Hosts, best of luck with your goals and thanks for linking up.

    ReplyDelete

Hi...thanks for stopping by and commenting. Very much appreciated! I will endeavour to answer all comments via email. Please check that you are not a no-reply blogger as there is no way of responding to you (other than by reply on the blog). If you need help with this issue, please head for Tutorials for a link on how to fix this issue.

Popular Posts