Saturday 5 March 2022

More Curvy Quilting

The Breaking Boundaries online class with Bethanne Nemesh has started. She did a review of the improvisational quilting and added another project to the list.

This little quilt was incredibly easy to put together and super fast. Took me about half a day. My blocks came out at 12in which makes this a nice size for a little wall hanging. I deliberately chose the brown fabric with the light and and yellowish addition to match our surroundings in the family room. This will look great.
My curves were a bit gentler than what they were supposed to be as this piece was to practice deeper curves. Somehow mine ended up pretty gentle but I just liked the look of that.

I think I will do another one with more dramatic curves to practice this a bit more. One thing I really like about the improvisational quilts so far is that it 'eats' up a lot of fabric as the blocks are bigger and your starting point is usually a larger size. The brown fabric in this project had been lying around for years, so this was a great little project to just use this up.

Looking forward to the quilting of all those curved quilt tops.

Karin

1 comment:

Hi...thanks for stopping by and commenting. Very much appreciated! I will endeavour to answer all comments via email. Please check that you are not a no-reply blogger as there is no way of responding to you (other than by reply on the blog). If you need help with this issue, please head for Tutorials for a link on how to fix this issue.

Popular Posts